Buzz Aldrin SKIPS moon mission 50th anniversary reunion to take photos for a private jet company

Mail Online | 7/16/1969 | Luke Kenton;George Martin;Dailymail.com Reporter
ziggy1023 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/17/23/16184520-0-image-a-22_1563403420270.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/07/11/3376240362492610999/1024x576_MP4_3376240362492610999.mp4

Buzz Aldrin caused consternation on Tuesday by failing to turn up to a reunion with crewmate Michael Collins on the anniversary of the Apollo 11 launch.

The 88-year-old bowed out at the last minute because of his intense travel schedule, NASA spokesman Bob Jacobs said, according to AP.

Photos - Spaceman - Wednesday - Burbank - California

Photos of the spaceman emerged on Wednesday, taken in Burbank, California during his tour of the nation to attend celebrations marking the first moon landing in 1969.

They show him posing for private jet company Flexjet, including as he boarded a Challenger 300 plane. Aldrin also tweeted a smiling selfie on the jet with the caption: '50th Anniversary selfie on our official jet provider @flexjet'.

Video - Twitter - Tuesday - Evening - Space

He also posted a video on Twitter Tuesday evening, in which he spoke about the historic space mission.

The video was captioned: '50 years ago today, Neil Armstrong, Mike Collins and I launched into space on a mission of enormous importance.'

Fortune - Neil - Mike - Saturn - V

'By my greatest good fortune, I was able to join Neil and Mike on the Saturn V that day,' Aldrin said in the video.

He did not mention the fact that he was not joining crewmate Collins on Tuesday at the John F. Kennedy Space Center, Merritt Island, Florida, the exact site where their Saturn V rocket set off.

Collins - Apollo - Command - Module - Neil

Collins, 88, who who was left alone aboard the Apollo 11 command module while Neil Armstrong and Aldrin walked on the Moon, made mention of Aldrin's conspicuous absence.

'There's a difference this time. I want to turn and ask Neil a question and maybe tell Buzz Aldrin something, and of course, I'm here by myself,' he said.

Media - Users - Man - Moon - Katy

Social media users were soon asking after the second man to walk on the Moon, with Katy Moore tweeting: 'Where is Buzz Aldrin today? He was not with Collins at 39A.'

While Maxwell Mark wrote:...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It just doesn't get bettere than this...