EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: CDL. JOSEPH ZEN

www.churchmilitant.com | 7/17/2019 | Staff
abbycraig (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.churchmilitant.com/images/social_images/07-17-2019-CdlZenInterview.jpg

You are not signed in as a Premium user; we rely on Premium users to support our news reporting. Sign in or Sign up today!

Christian persecution in Communist China has been on the rise as the People's Republic of China (PRC) has become increasingly antithetical to religious liberty.

Vatican-China - Agreement - September - PRC - Animosity

The Vatican-China agreement reached in September 2018 has intensified the PRC's animosity toward the underground Catholic Church in China and left a wake of confusion for faithful Catholics in China and abroad.

Recent guidelines from the Holy See regarding Catholic clergy registering with the Chinese Patriotic Catholic Association, an arm of the Chinese Communist Party, has fueled confusion on top of confusion.

Cardinal - Joseph - Zen - Champion - Catholic

Cardinal Joseph Zen, who has been an outspoken champion of the Catholic faith, met with Pope Francis in early July. He graciously granted Church Militant a phone interview on Tuesday.

Church Militant: If you are free to say, what did Pope Francis and you discuss when you met in early July?

Cardinal - Joseph - Zen - Holy - Father

Cardinal Joseph Zen: I wanted to discuss with the Holy Father the most recent document from the so-called Holy See, [a document] without a specification of the [issuing] department and without a signature from any responsible officer.

The Pope told me that I could go to talk to the secretary of state, Cdl. [Pietro] Parolin. I answered that that would be useless because there is no hope I can convince him, and no hope that he can convince me. I said that I would like to speak with Parolin in front of the Holy Father, but since that is impossible, I said I would go home empty-handed.

Day - Pope - Parolin - Kind - Discussion

But then, the following day, the Pope invited me to supper together with Parolin. That was very kind of him and so I went to supper. Obviously, you cannot have a discussion during supper, so I talked...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.churchmilitant.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Have you forgotten?