See Taylor Swift Unveil Feline Moves for First Time in ‘Cats’ Behind-the-Scenes Teaser

Variety | 7/17/2019 | Chris Willman
marika (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/screen-shot-2019-07-17-at-9.20.32-am-e1563380496168.png?w=700&h=393&crop=1

Taylor Swift fans finally get to see some of the results of all those years spent studying her roommates Meredith and Olivia — and also, not incidentally, some time with a choreographer — in a new behind-the-scenes teaser for the movie “Cats.”

The three-and-a-half-minute featurette has footage of Swift striking crouching feline moves as well as doing some decidedly human-style twirling with fellow cast member Idris Elba. Fellow pop-star/actors Jennifer Hudson and Jason Derulo also show up in the production and interview footage, as do Judi Dench, James Corden and Rebel Wilson.

Memories - Performance - Pennsvlvania - Swift - Making-of

“My first memories of performance go back to Pennsvlvania when I was growing up,” Swift says in the making-of. “My favorite thing was getting to be theatrical, to tell a story, and I’ve always brought that sort of narrative element to my life shows.” Speaking of which: “I came right off a (“Reputation”) stadium tour and right into rehearsals” last December, she points out. “It’s people coming together through all different corners of entertainment… Everybody’s working really long hours, rehearsing every day — and it’s fun.” Of the original Andrew Lloyd Webber musical, Swift says, “We got to update it in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!