Pursue contentment on your health journey

www.christianpost.com | 7/17/2019 | Staff
Tanya9 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/20/232074.jpeg

Facebook Twitter Email Menu Comment

I recently came across an article about Australian fitness blogger Kate Writer who, though initially gaining a following by documenting her weight loss journey on Instagram, recently made news for gaining much of the weight back. After losing 108 pounds, Kate intentionally allowed some of the weight to return over a five-year time period.

Fitness - Blogger

Not quite what you would expect from a fitness blogger, right? But now, let’s check out why she did this.

The fitness blogger described how, as she lost the weight, she found herself “stuck in the diet mentality,” obsessing over Calories and never really finding happiness, regardless of how thin she became. She detailed how there was always something else to improve with her body, and always some lower number to reach on the scale. One day, when she decided enough was enough, she gave up her perfect body ideals and allowed herself to regain some of the lost weight. To note, she still maintains a healthy diet and exercise regimen, but she doesn’t obsess over it all, choosing to be content instead.

Lesson

There is a huge lesson for us in this.

It’s no secret that having a super-fit, super-toned body is highly valued in our society. Social media is saturated with fitness personalities with the perfect bodies. Fitness articles are common on every online news site and tell us about the diets we should be eating, the weight training exercises we should be doing, or the perfect weight we should be trying to reach for our height. Boutique fitness studios of all kinds are the rage right now.

Society - Encourages - Obsession - Fitness - Body

But if we’re perfectly honest, society encourages us toward an obsession with fitness and a certain body image. Don’t get me wrong; I am not implying that wanting to look a certain way is a problem, necessarily....
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I love to post, but I never read the article!