‘Hustlers’ Trailer: Jennifer Lopez Teams Up With Cardi B and Lizzo for True-Life Stripper Crime Drama

IndieWire | 7/17/2019 | Staff
ArceusArceus (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/op1UpG3K.jpg

Jennifer Lopez may be the leading lady of Lorene Scafaria’s upcoming true-life stripper crime drama “Hustlers,” but the musician and actress isn’t the only multi-talented star rounding out the ranks of the ensemble feature. Alongside Lopez, Scafaria has also cast breakouts and standbys like Constance Wu, Keke Palmer, Julia Stiles, Lili Reinhart, Trace Lysette, and Madeline Brewer. And then there are the real surprises: fellow pop and rap superstars Cardi B and Lizzo. As Scafaria tells it, she wouldn’t have it any other way.

“I was chasing Cardi before there was a movie, it was like two years of chasing Cardi on Instagram,” Scafaria said in a recent interview with IndieWire. “I was chasing Lizzo for like a year as well. Both of them are people that I was only dreaming would be in the movie. Of course, my job is made easier when Jennifer Lopez is starring in something and absolutely everybody wants to work with her, so that was my luck there.”

Film - Feature - Debut - Music - Superstars

While the film marks the live-action feature debut for both of the music superstars, Scafaria had no reservations about giving such “larger than life” performers juicy roles in her snappy, fact-based film.

“I think musicians and singers, performers, they’re just naturally very great at timing and rhythm and they just kind of are natural-born actors,” she said. “Lizzo, she comes with so much personality, Cardi comes with so much personality. I wanted to write them characters that showed off their personalities, but I also wanted to make sure that they still felt like they were part of the world and part of the ensemble and that nobody’s sticking out and everybody is still existing in the same movie.”

Scafaria - Film - Screenplay - Jessica - Pressler

Scafaria herself adapted the film’s screenplay from Jessica Pressler’s viral New York Magazine piece “The Hustlers at Scores,” which tells the story...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A pox on both their houses!