Duncan Jones Reflects on ‘Moon’ and What He Had Planned for a ‘Warcraft’ Trilogy

Collider | 7/16/2019 | Matt Goldberg
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/4BE0124A9F.jpg

It’s been ten years since Duncan Jones burst on the scene with one of the best sci-fi films of the 2000s, Moon. The story follows a human worker on Mars who makes a shocking discovery that throws his entire identity into doubt. It was smart, confident sci-fi with an excellent performance from Sam Rockwell. It holds up wonderfully and now the film has come to 4K.

To mark the release of Moon on 4K, I got to do a phone interview with Jones. During our conversation, we talked about his memories of Moon, the film’s impact, the freedom he had to make Mute for Netflix, what his Warcraft trilogy would have looked like had it gone forward, his upcoming project Rogue Trooper, and more.

Interview - Moon

Check out the full interview below. Moon is now available on 4K.

What’s it feel like to look back at Moon ten years later?

DUNCAN - JONES - Movies - Years - Though

DUNCAN JONES: It’s crazy, that I’ve now made movies for ten years. It’s my first re-watching though. My God now. Now I can actually say that I have a career making movies, because I’ve been taking that long enough that I’m having a 10th anniversary.

When you look back at Moon, is there any particular moment from filming that really jumps out at you? Something that still stands out above everything else.

JONES - Movie - Movie - Stuff - Studio

JONES: I mean, I think the first movie is always going to feel very special. You know, we made the movie and stuff in studio which chose this industrious history and I had put up videos and commercials, before. The fact that we were able to make...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
There's no problem on the inside of a kid that the outside of a dog can't cure.