What Made Jesus Mad? (Part 1)

Pastors.com | 7/16/2019 | Google+
gbabii05 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://pastors.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/What-Made-Jesus-Mad.jpeg

We’ve got a magnet on our kitchen refrigerator that says, “If Momma ain’t happy… ain’t nobody happy.” It’s funny because we all know it’s true. If the person in charge is upset, we should pay attention.

I want to make one for the church that says, “If Jesus ain’t happy…”

Person - Things - Kid - Something - Parents

We learn more about a person from the things they don’t like than what they do like. When you were a kid, did you ever do something that made your parents mad? Yeah? And the next time you thought about doing it, did you hesitate for just a minute?

Don’t try to pass over the red, red letters in your Bible and pretend they aren’t there. Jesus made a whip and overturned tables; Jesus was “indignant.” Jesus told people they might be better off with a rock tied around their necks and thrown into the sea! It’s hard to call someone a “Son of ****” with a smile on your face. Go ahead; try it.

Chill - Version - Jesus - Wall - Childhood

Let’s keep our chill, hippie version of Jesus on the wall of your childhood Sunday School class for a second and take another look. In my case, I always knew Jesus was angry, but his anger was usually directed at those Pharisees, who seemed so, I don’t know, pharisaical? We even used their title to make a derogatory adjective because they were such bad people. Then one day, I realized that the Pharisees were just the Church leaders of their day – Jesus’ church, as a matter of fact. I started to wonder if anything that caused Jesus to be mad at his Church leaders might be my issue, too, as a current Church leader. That...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Pastors.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Been there, done that, twice...
Tagged: