Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/15/23/16091672-0-image-a-47_1563231496053.jpg
Babies are at risk of being 'pre-polluted' by toxins in everyday household items.
Found in furniture and electronics, the chemicals can reach infants via breast milk or even in the womb.
MPs - Impact - Health
MPs warned that the potential impact on health was frightening.
They said breast milk in Britain had the world's second-highest levels of flame retardants, which can cause cancer and disrupt hormones.
Report - Toxic - Chemicals - Everyday - Life
In their report, called Toxic Chemicals in Everyday Life, the MPs on the Commons environmental audit committee:
The committee heard three months of evidence from experts and received 64 written submissions for an inquiry into chemicals in everyday use.
Chairman - Labour - MP - Mary - Creagh
Its chairman, Labour MP Mary Creagh, said: 'People are breathing in these toxic chemicals every day in their own homes where they expect to feel safe.
'It's a frightening situation when there is growing evidence about the risks some flame retardants pose to human health.
People - Risk - Chemicals - Reality - Mums
'Most people assume that they aren't at risk from toxic chemicals but the reality is different. Mums in the UK have some of the world's highest concentrations of flame retardants in their breast milk, some of which have now been banned.
'Chemical flame retardants are still being widely used in our furnishings from children's mattresses to sofas.
Government - Hands - Regulations - Chemicals - Use
'Meanwhile the Government is sitting on its hands instead of changing regulations to ensure that the most toxic chemicals are taken out of use.'
The flame retardants found in breast milk and umbilical cord blood have largely been banned, but break down slowly in the environment and continue to pose a threat, mainly in dust and food.
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Homeschool or State Thought Police School, you choose.