Bikini designer Karina Irby fires back after she sparked outrage for Photoshopping herself 'curvier'

Mail Online | 7/15/2019 | Cindy Tran for Daily Mail Australia
Coraav (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/16/01/16093314-0-image-a-16_1563235220322.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/04/26/2819046949261455593/1024x576_MP4_2819046949261455593.mp4

Bikini designer Karina Irby has fired back at critics after she sparked backlash for Photoshopping herself to appear significantly 'curvier' in a picture.

The founder of Moana Bikini admitted she purposely altered her waistline to look 'bigger' to call out people on social media who 'do the opposite and make themselves look smaller'.

Gold - Coast - Instagram - Influencer - Post

But the Gold Coast Instagram influencer quickly deleted her post after she was accused of making herself look like an 'unrealistic size 18'.

Speaking to Daily Mail Australia, the 29-year-old revealed how common images are being heavily Photoshopped, with girls slimming themselves down, smoothing cellulite and nipping in waists to appear 'skinny'.

'I - Girls - Judgement - Basis - Online

'I was communicating that it's so ridiculous that girls that may be considered "curvy" or "bigger" than average have to put up with judgement on a daily basis, both online and in person,' Karina told Daily Mail Australia.

'But... it's entirely okay for individuals (or brands) to over-edit - to a stupid extent - themselves to be so skinny and obviously fake - but this is totally normal, smiled upon and rewarded. I am truly sorry if I offended anyone.'

Advocate - Post - Outrage

The body-positive advocate said she decided to remove her post after sparking outrage.

'I noticed so much love on my recent post but also a whole lot of hate. I did expect some hate, but I am not in the business of offending people, so I removed the post to remove the risk of further offence,' she said.

Anything - Amount - Noise - Post - People

'If anything, however, the amount of noise that post made and how many people took it in entirely the wrong way only goes to further my point about the double standards.

'All bodies are beautiful, plain and simple. I thought...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!