Gina Torres Says We'll Get to Know Jessica More Intimately in Suits Spin-Off Pearson

TVGuide.com | 7/15/2019 | Megan Vick
Click For Photo: https://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2019/07/16/0a078cfc-12a5-4fe7-90be-676918e4d184/thumbnail/1300x867/8aec15952e6f27028ba75c5c1a9329d2/190715-pearson-gina-torres.jpg

Jessica Pearson (Gina Torres) is back baby — but you've never seen her like you will in Pearson, the Suits spin-off about the former head of Pearson Specter Litt and her new life in Chicago.

For six seasons, Jessica Pearson was always the biggest fish on the USA legal drama. Being the boss meant that she was almost always in control. Her purpose was mainly to keep her subordinates in line and her law firm afloat. In the new series, she's been stripped of her law license and works for a mayor she can't quite tell is on the right side of the law. But now that Jessica's name isn't on the wall but is the title of the show, viewers will get to see a new side — in fact, many sides — of the attorney they weren't privy to before.

Show

Discover your new favorite show: Watch This Now!

TV Guide spoke to Torres during the most recent Television Critics Association press tour about what it was like to dig into Jessica's more personal side and the struggles we'll see her face in the upcoming series. Warning: You should buckle up, because everyone is in for a ride.

Timeline - Bit - Decision - Suits - Series

Walk me through the timeline a little bit of your decision to leave Suits and then series creator Aaron Korsh coming to you with the spin-off. How did that come to be?

Gina Torres: Gosh. I left Suits halfway through Season 6 for personal reasons. My dad was not well, and so I needed to be with him. That's why I said, "I got to go. I'm too far away from where he is," because they shoot in Toronto, and my dad was in California. They were kind enough to let me go, and I ended up going back a couple of times, as everyone knows.

It...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVGuide.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!