The U.S. Women’s Soccer Team Also Plays for Christ

www.catholicvote.org | 6/20/2019 | Katie Yoder
Tanya9 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.catholicvote.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/soccer-600x315.jpg

Members of the U.S. women’s national soccer team don’t just identify as soccer players. They identify in Christ.

On June 11, the U.S. Women’s National Team made history after beating Thailand 13-0 in the FIFA Women’s World Cup. Since then, the team has also won against Chile during the event held in France. But that’s not all that makes this team stand out. On social media, several of the players reveal that they have a relationship with God.

Twitter - Account - Star - Player - Tobin

On her Twitter account, star player Tobin Heath’s bio simply says “ephesians 2:8-9.” That passage reads, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.”

Throughout the years, she has quoted the Bible and posted inspirational messages including “God is good. All the time.” In 2018, Heath tweeted “thank you Lord for another day” while recovering from an injury. Seven years earlier, she wrote about attending church at Hillsong NYC as well as a Bible study.

Interview - Beliefnet - Home - Her - Career

In a 2011 interview with Beliefnet, she revealed she was raised in a Christian home. Her career, she added, was for God.

“I play to glorify Him. I worship Him with the gifts I’ve been given. Through that, I just hope He can be glorified,” she said. “I try to keep that as my motivation when I step out on the field every day whether it’s practice or a game. It’s to work as hard as I can in thankfulness for what He’s given me and hopefully some of that can come back to Him.”

Julie - Ertz - Believer - Twitter - Bio

Likewise, her teammate Julie Ertz calls herself a believer in her Twitter bio. In 2017, she remembered God in a tweet of gratitude: “Thank you to my family, the fans and the coaches. God is good!”

Faith...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.catholicvote.org
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I love to post, but I never read the article!