Kids are spending over 30 hours a week on phones, survey finds

CNET | 7/15/2019 | Shelby Brown
malik778 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/img/fHCD2wDI3I22UE71rBX00Kt4RKQ=/756x567/2019/07/15/8bf2f703-9e25-495a-8e4a-f17c7f651d39/gettyimages-1128837248.jpg

Kids are using phones at young ages, according to Sell Cell.

I got my first cell phone at 16 years old. It was a tiny, prepaid Nokia brick, but it did its job. Not to sound like an old coot, but things have changed a lot since then. Now 42% of kids are using phones over 30 hours a week, according to a survey published Monday from Sell Cell.

Sell - Cell - Phone - Price - Comparison

Sell Cell is best known as a phone price comparison site. But it's done some surveys over its decade in the device trade-in business, like one about what most people do with unused cell phones and one about millennials use of early upgrades for new phones.

For this study, Sell Cell surveyed 1,135 parents in the US with kids between 4 and 14 years of age. It found that kids start using phones at a young age: 47% of kids are under six years old when they start using a cell phone and 12% are between one and two years old.

Parents - Hand - Numbers - Forty - Percent

Parents have a hand in these numbers as well. Forty percent of parents surveyed admitted to letting their kids play on phones so they could have a moment of quiet. A quarter of parents said they'd spent up to $250 on...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!