Acting I.C.E. Director: Family Separation Is 'Not the Intent' of Immigration Raids

CNS News | 7/15/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/capture-morgan.jpg

(CNSNews.com) - The aliens targeted for deportation by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents "are criminal aliens, meaning those people that are here illegally and have committed additional crimes against American citizens," Acting I.C.E. Director Mark Morgan told CBS's "Face the Nation" on Sunday.

But Morgan said I.C.E. also will prioritize people named in final orders of removal from a judge, yet who remain here illegally.

Aim - Families - Morgan - CBS - Face

The aim is not to separate families, Morgan told CBS's "Face the Nation," and he gave an example:

The men and women of ICE, they -- they are true American heroes. They're mothers. They are fathers, brothers, and sisters. They're going to apply this with humanity and compassion.

Host - Scenarios - Example

There's a whole host of scenarios that could go. I'll give you an example, for one.

If they run across a mother who came here illegally, had due process, had an order of removal, but she's currently in her third trimester of pregnancy, of course they're not going to apprehend that individual.

Paper - Notice

They're going to give her a paper, a notice to appear and then come back later, when it's appropriate.

Morgan said one of the largest...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!