Olivia Newton-John recalls iconic dance scene with John Travolta in Grease in figure-hugging pants

Mail Online | 7/14/2019 | Frances Hardy for the Daily Mail
magiccastlemagiccastle (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/14/23/16047768-0-image-a-14_1563144806082.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/08/16/1964979177431544920/1024x576_MP4_1964979177431544920.mp4

We've all seen Grease, haven't we? Surely everyone over 50 can sing along to the hit musical film in which Olivia Newton-John transforms from prim-and- prissy Sandy into a siren in skin-tight spandex and leather?

For the phenomenon to have passed you by — it was the highest grossing movie of the time, eclipsing even the box office takings for The Sound Of Music — you would have to have spent the late Seventies in the darker reaches of the Peruvian rainforest. Which is where, it transpires, her future husband was at the time when Olivia was being (literally) sewn into those figure-hugging trousers.

John - Easterling - Hordes - Cinemas - Film

John Easterling wasn't among the hordes queuing at cinemas to see the film. In fact, he didn't even watch it until after they were married in 2008.

Why? 'He was exploring the Amazon, not keeping up with my movies,' she explains, when she speaks to me from her home in California this week.

'John - Environmentalist - Expert - Plant - Medicine

'John is an environmentalist and expert in plant medicine and he's spent 42 years working in the rainforest.

'He's known as Amazon John, and I really liked the fact that he didn't know me from my films or music.'

Catalogue - Hits

So he'd managed to miss her entire back catalogue of multiple Grammy-awarded hits as well?

'Yes!' she cries, apparently delighted by the omission.

Story - Husband - John - Met - Travolta

She goes on to tell the story of how (husband) John met (Travolta) John — the other formative John in her life — and saw the movie for the first time.

'John [Travolta] had invited us to dinner and he'd picked us up in his private plane and flown us to his house in Florida,' she recalls. 'He was having another of his planes refurbished and because my husband is a pilot, too, he thought he'd like to see it.

Dessert - Plane

'He'd arranged for us to have dessert on the plane, and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
To despair is to turn your back on God, you can never despair.