Why did my child leave the Catholic faith?

Knowing Is Doing | 7/14/2019 | Staff
Micaella (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://knowingisdoing.org/sites/knowingisdoing/files/styles/open_graph/public/photo-1472161913177-cc91640394d0.jpg?itok=PDIHUjWt

The idea that someone would propose to walk away from a relationship with Christ may not sound unreasonable if the premise behind the proposition is an honest one. Hypothetically speaking, the credence to this proposition rests if the reason to walk way is genuine. The problem with this hypothetical proposition is what constitutes a genuine reason to leave or worst outright reject Jesus Christ and everything He represents. If we place this scenario within the context of family, even the best of religious intentions may not be enough to prevent a family members decision to walk away from the Catholic faith. Reasons abound why anyone would propose to believe in someone or something other than Jesus Christ Himself. I suppose any parent involved in this situation would immediately begin to retrace their steps and asks themselves the dreaded question; what went wrong or worse; how could this have happened? The act of doubt and despair are two sins waiting in the wings in a situation such as this because the entire sequence of events pierces at the heart of the household. What I am about to propose is not meant to be inconsiderate of families who currently struggle in such a situation including my own extended family. The premise I intend to lay out is to provide a basic schema to provide a sense of hope for every family who continues to fight the good fight of faith and pray for the return of their children and family members to the Catholic faith.

Soon to be Saint John Henry Newman in his great work An Essay in Aid of a Grammar of Assent discussed the importance of revealed religion. This point is extremely important because its sets the stage to address the question of why anyone would leave the Catholic...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Knowing Is Doing
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: