Denim-free Meghan wins the Centre Court style final in a tiebreak with Kate, writes LIZ JONES

Mail Online | 7/13/2019 | Liz Jones for The Mail on Sunday
Mandyixus (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/13/22/16010128-0-image-a-45_1563051612350.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/07/13/3201333085512253195/1024x576_MP4_3201333085512253195.mp4

Was there a winner? Who scored the most aces? Held all the power in their first official singles clash for a year? Forget tennis – I’m talking about the two duchesses, perched in Wimbledon’s Royal Box like exotic birds.

Kate chose a fitted parrot-green custom-made dress by Dolce & Gabbana (£2,150) with a fluted hem and – mindful of the inevitable clapping required – some slightly forgiving puffed three-quarter sleeves. Her boxy Dolce handbag (£1,050) was the sort of cream tyrant that must never, ever, see a Biro.

Nude - Court - Shoes - LK - Bennett

The nude pointed court shoes by LK Bennett were slightly too safe as was the frock: she’s worn it before, in Canada nearly three years ago.

And Meghan? There was no denim, phew! We don’t need another transatlantic diplomatic incident. Instead this woman showed she has balls.

Nanoseconds - Birth - Pleats - Hugo - Boss

After all, just nanoseconds after giving birth, she chose knife pleats (by Hugo Boss, £350), unflattering on most mere mortals. And patterned pleats that showed off her waist. She’s not like other women, is she?

Meghan carried a small vegan Stella McCartney bag, wore Le Specs sunnies, and had her hair styled in a smooth French pony, exposing those £400 Jennifer Meyer earrings. (I do wish Kate would tie her hair back more often.) What with the cool, crisp white shirt by Givenchy (around £690), it was all very East Coast.

Meghan - Occasion - Showy-offy - Job - Appearance

Yet again, Meghan is perfect for the occasion without seeming showy-offy. Whoever lands the job of styling her hotly rumoured appearance on the cover of Vogue this autumn should turn up, not with clothes, but with a long novel to read instead.

Like the one-sided battle on court – in which Romania’s Simona Halep beat Serena Williams in straight sets – it was all...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!