Joe Biden Gaffes on Immigration: ‘We Need Family Separation’

Breitbart | 7/12/2019 | Haris Alic
Mandyixus (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/07/Biden-We-Need-Family-Separation-640x335.jpg

Former Vice President Joe Biden appeared to commit a gaffe on Friday, telling immigration activists, “We need family separation.”

Biden, who is facing increased criticism over the three million deportations that occurred under President Barack Obama, made the gaffe during a campaign event in New Hampshire when confronted by immigration activists.

Immigrants - Families - Obama - Years - Man

“I want you to apologize to the three million immigrants that were deported and separated from their families under the Obama years,” a man speaking Spanish told Biden through a translator. “I want to know if you will commit to stopping all deportations and detentions if you are elected president.”

Biden, who openly smirked when asked the question, stood defiant in the face of the activists, many of whom waved signs and chanted at the former vice president.

Deportations - Detentions - Biden - Chants - Deportations

“No, I will not halt deportations and detentions, I would make sure that every single,” Biden said, before being cut off by chants of “three million deportations” and “apologize now” from the crowd.

When allowed to finish, Biden said that deportations for a “serious felony” were warranted, while those for “a misdemeanor” were not.

Administration - Family - Separation - Hearing - Asylum

“Under my administration, there will be no family separation until there is a hearing whether or not asylum is in fact warranted,” he said. “And there is no need to put anybody in a private prison, when we did it there was a court where you could have people...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!