Romney Opposes Trump Yet Again, Goes to Bat for Paul Ryan

Breitbart | 7/12/2019 | Hannah Bleau
applecan (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/07/Romney-Ryan-Hugging-640x335.jpg

Mitt Romney (R-UT) came to the defense of former House Speaker Paul Ryan (R) Friday after President Trump tweeted a response to Ryan’s recent attack on Trump’s character.

“The fault for our 2012 loss is mine alone; @SpeakerRyan was a tireless campaigner, fundraiser, and conservative champion. As the sole person who could unite the House, he acquiesced to be Speaker as a service to the country,” Romney tweeted Friday.

Leadership - Policy - Work - Tax - Reform

“His selfless leadership and lifelong policy work were critical to the tax and regulatory reform that have helped propel the economy. A man like Paul Ryan does not often come along,” he added.

Romney’s tweets seem to be a response to Trump’s criticism, which followed the emergence of critical remarks lobbed by the former House Speaker.

President

The president tweeted:

Paul Ryan, the failed V.P. candidate & former Speaker of the House, whose record of achievement was atrocious (except during my first two years as President), ultimately became a long running lame duck failure, leaving his Party in the lurch both as a fundraiser & leader……When Mitt chose Paul I told people that’s the end of that Presidential run. He quit Congress because he didn’t know how to Win. They gave me standing O’s in the Great State of Wisconsin, & booed him off the stage. He promised me the Wall, & failed (happening anyway!)…..He had the Majority & blew it away with his poor leadership and bad timing. Never knew how to go after the Dems like they go after us. Couldn’t get him out of Congress fast enough!

Romney - Defense - Holes - Ryan - Speaker

Romney’s defense, however, contains holes. Ryan admittedly ran for Speaker “only reluctantly” and said in 2015 that he would only run on his terms.

“We need to move from an opposition party to a proposition party,” Ryan said at the time. “If I can truly be a unifying figure,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: