Former ICE Director Tom Homan Leaves Ocasio-Cortez Speechless On Immigration

The Daily Caller | 7/12/2019 | Staff
blockstyle (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Tom-Homan-counters-Alexandria-Ocasio-Cortez-on-immigration-CSPAN-screengrabs-e1562967645498.png

Former acting ICE Director Tom Homan left New York Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez speechless during Congressional hearings Friday on the topic of family separations at the border.

WATCH:

Exchange - Ocasio-Cortez - Homan - Author - Family

The exchange began when Ocasio-Cortez tried to nail Homan down as being the “author” of the “family separation policy” memo, which he had signed.

Homan noted that, while he did not write the policy, he had made “numerous recommendations” to Homeland Security, including implementing a “zero tolerance” policy for illegal border crossers.

Family - Separation - Ocasio-Cortez

“Which includes family separation,” Ocasio-Cortez interrupted.

“The same as it is with every U.S. citizen,” Homan shot back. “Parent [who] gets arrested with a child.”

Pause - Ocasio-Cortez - Tolerance - Policy - Children

After a brief pause, a seemingly rattled Ocasio-Cortez said, “Zero tolerance was interpreted as the policy that separated the children from their parents.”

“If I get arrested for DUI and I have a young child in the car I’m gonna be separated,” Homan said. “When I was a police officer in New York and I arrested a father for domestic violence, I separated that father from his...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!