How ‘Pearson’ Will Usher in a New Storytelling Era When ‘Suits’ Closes Down Shop

Variety | 7/12/2019 | Amber Dowling
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/nup_184602_0170-2.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

When “Suits” closes the file on its final stretch of episodes this fall, it leaves behind a legacy of nine seasons, 134 episodes, two remakes (in Korea and Japan), a slew of international broadcasters, and a royal wedding that transformed series star Meghan Markle into a global, household name.

The July 17 premiere also marks the official end to USA’s once-popular “blue sky” era, as the slick and aspirational characters bid farewell and the network ushers in the grittier “Pearson” spinoff starring Gina Torres on the same night. Both series are produced by UCP.

Episodes - Season - Suits - Run - Series

Clocking in at just 10 episodes, the final season of “Suits” is the shortest run of the series, coming in just behind the first season’s 12-episode order (creator Aaron Korsh says they were asked to do five or six more episodes at the time, but production was gassed). Within that run each of the current series regulars — originals Gabriel Macht, Sarah Rafferty, Rick Hoffman and newer members Katherine Heigl, Amanda Schull and Dulé Hill — will have a dedicated episode to their characters. Meanwhile, the season also welcomes back original lead Patrick J. Adams, who departed alongside Markle at the end of Season 7. His character, Mike Ross, will go head-to-head against the firm in an important case beginning in Episode 5.

“It was hard to imagine a last season without Mike,” Korsh says. “At the beginning of the year when all the writers sat down there was no one that didn’t think getting him back was a huge goal of the season. I wouldn’t say it would be a failure if we didn’t get him back, but I always knew I wanted him back for this last season.”

Goal - Korsh - Season - Harvey - Macht

What wasn’t necessarily a goal for Korsh was a final season that explores what Harvey (Macht) and Donna (Rafferty) look...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!