This San Francisco Housing Idea Based Off Communism Looks Like **** In A Handbasket

Townhall | 7/11/2019 | Staff
abbycraig (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.townhall.com/townhall/reu/s1280x720/images/2019/192/e2b31e00-9e4d-4a36-aa4a-5d5d6d2aa45f.png

As a grown adult, for 1,200 bucks a month, you can willingly pay to live in a bunk bed unit with multiple other people in your room where you are provided with ramen noodles, not allowed to have guests over, must be in bed by 10:00 PM at night, and, basically, give up your privacy. Oh yeah, also the founder of this novel idea out of San Francisco based it off of communism. Why would anybody do this? Well, the mainly 20-somethings who choose to do so in the Golden Gate City say they have no other choice because of the progressive city's rising cost of living. They could of course, simply not vote Democratic to help address the issue.

CNN originally reported about the business:

PodShare - Membership - Beds - Pods - Locations

A PodShare membership allows you to snag any of the 220 beds -- or pods -- at six locations across Los Angeles and one in San Francisco. There's no deposit and no commitment. You get a bed, a locker, access to wifi and the chance to meet fellow "pod-estrians." Each pod includes a shelf and a personal television. Food staples, like cereal and ramen, and toiletries like toothpaste and toilet paper, are also included.

Elvina Beck, PodShare's founder, told CNN, "I was born in the USSR in 1985. My whole concept was like the idea of the government giving you everything in a communist state, what if you could subscribe to a communist state and have all your needs met."

Lack - Privacy - Angle - Joke - Beck

The lack of privacy angle is no joke. Beck said that in order to live there, you must be willing to make new friends and you must be comfortable with sharing pretty much everything.

"You have to be willing to share," she says. "I think if you are not willing to share a small space with...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Townhall
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Have you forgotten?