Dave Bautista’s Upcoming Comedy ‘My Spy’ Moves At The Last Minute From August To Early 2020

The Playlist | 7/11/2019 | Charles Barfield
mel4 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Dave-Bautista-My-Spy.jpg

We sure do hope you didn’t take time off work in August to wait in line at the movie theater for the Dave Bautista kid-friendly action-comedy “My Spy.” Because according to Deadline, STX has pulled the upcoming comedy from it’s August 13th release date for sometime in 2020. But the real question is “why?”

Perhaps it wasn’t a good idea, to begin with, to have two Bautista films arrive in theaters only a month apart, but STX didn’t think about that sooner. With “Stuber,” which stars the actor alongside Kumail Nanjiani, arriving in theaters tomorrow, the report claims that STX is worried that it’s better to have these Bautista-led comedies room to breathe at the box office.

Year - STX - Situation - Comedy - Happytime

Last year, STX ran into a similar situation with its comedy “The Happytime Murders,” which starred Melissa McCarthy. That film came on the heels of another McCarthy-led comedy, “Life of the Party.” However, with the two films so close together,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Keep the change!