Big Little Lies Season 3 Is 'Not Realistic,' Says HBO Boss

TVGuide.com | 7/11/2019 | Amanda Bell
Click For Photo: https://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2019/07/11/750c598c-796a-48a9-82b7-cc1998a2b18c/thumbnail/1300x867/8ec342cdcf2ef77f5674e4b3c39bbc0e/big-little-lies-reg.jpg

Ahead of the penultimate episode of Big Little Lies' bonus second season, at least one HBO executive doubts that the show — which originally debuted as a limited series — will return for Season 3.

HBO president Casey Bloys spoke with TVLine about the possibility that the Monterey Five might be back for another round of beachy drama. While he is open to the idea of doing more, Bloys doesn't see it as likely at this time. One major hurdle? The intense schedules of its all-star cast, which includes Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Laura Dern, Zoe Kravitz, Shailene Woodley, and, as of Season 2, Meryl Streep.

Group - People - Anything - Reality - Actresses

"I love this group of people — I would do anything with them. But the reality is, they are some of the busiest actresses working in Hollywood," Bloys explained. He added that the network has deals with some of the stars; Kidman is set to star in HBO miniseries The Undoing. But as for a third season of Big Little Lies, Bloys said, "I just...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVGuide.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: