BET Founder: 'You’ve Got to Give President an A+' on Economy

CNS News | 7/10/2019 | Staff
gemini2323 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/screen_shot_2019-07-10_at_4.16.58_pm.png

Entrepreneur Robert Johnson, the co-founder of BET and America's first black billionaire, said the U.S. economy "is doing absolutely great" and "you've got to give the president an A+ for that." Johnson, a long-time Democrat, added that if a Democrat hopes to beat Trump in 2020, then "he or she is going to have to move to the center."

Johnson made his remarks during a July 9 interview with CNBC's Hadley Gamble.

Economy - Johnson - Economy - Populations - Problems

Asked about the economy, Johnson said, "I think the economy is doing absolutely great, and it's particularly reaching into populations that heretofore had very bad problems in terms of jobs, unemployment and the opportunities that come with full employment."

"So, African-American unemployment is at its lowest level, Hispanic unemployment, women," he said. "I give President Trump – and I said this before on SquawkBox – I give the president a lot of credit for moving the economy in a positive direction that's benefiting a large number of Americans."

Johnson - Worth - Tax - Cuts

Johnson, who currently has an estimated net worth of $600 million, continued, "I think the [2017] tax cuts clearly...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!