NBC News Finds Slave Owners in McConnell’s Family History. Will They do the Same to Other Politicians?

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion | 12/31/1969 | Mary Chastain
tanikaki (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Kavanaugh-Confirmation-Vote-McConnell-e1538918592413.jpg

NBC News released a hit piece on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (KY) on Monday about slave owners in his family history since he stands against reparations.

This is not journalism. This is not reporting. NBC News can legitimize (sort of) if the network investigates every senator’s family. Something tells me the reporters will not take that action because they will find information about President Barack Obama and Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA).

NBC - News

NBC News published:

The two great-great-grandfathers, James McConnell and Richard Daley, owned a total of at least 14 slaves in Limestone County, Alabama — all but two of them female, according to the county “Slave Schedules” in the 1850 and 1860 censuses.

Details - McConnell - Ancestors - NBC - News

The details about McConnell’s ancestors, discovered by NBC News through a search of ancestry and census records, came in the wake of recent hearings on reparations before the House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights and Civil Liberties. Asked about the reparations issue, McConnell, R-Ky., said he was opposed to the idea, arguing it would be hard to figure out whom to compensate.

“I don’t think reparations for something that happened 150 years ago, when none of us currently living are responsible, is a good idea,” he said June 18, a day before the House reparations hearing. “We’ve tried to deal with our original sin of slavery by fighting a civil war, by passing landmark civil rights legislation. We’ve elected an African American president.”

ME - NBC - News - Look - Family

EXCUSE ME? I suggest NBC News look into the family history of Obama. The Guardian reported in 2007, a genealogical researcher found slave owners on Obama’s mother’s side:

Obama’s ancestors on his white mother’s side appear to have been slave owners. William Reitwiesner, an amateur genealogical researcher, has published a history of Obama’s mother’s family and discovered that her ancestors have a distinctly shadowy past.

Reitwiesner - Obama - Great-great-great-great-grandfather

Reitwiesner traced Obama’s great-great-great-great-grandfather,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion
Wake Up To Breaking News!