Overcoming Addiction, Tabloid Fodder and Outgrowing That Pie Scene: What the Cast of American Pie Is Up to 20 Years Later

E! Online | 7/9/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/201968/rs_600x600-190708123202-600-american-pie.cm.7819.jpg?fit=around%7C600:467&crop=600:467;center,top&output-quality=90

Somewhat of an indie darling, American Pie was Lyonne's first major blockbuster, thrusting her into the spotlight.

Lyonne was arrested for DUI in 2001, beginning a string of headline-making behavior, including being charged in 2004 with criminal mischief, harassment and trespassing for storming into a neighboring unit and threatening to molest the neighbors' dog. In 2005, she ended up in intensive care with a collapsed lung and suffering from hepatitis C. She spent most of that summer hospitalized, with her health issues and sobriety taking priority over Hollywood.

Listen - Lyonne - Entertainment - Weekly - Belly

"Listen, I did not think I was coming back," Lyonne told Entertainment Weekly in 2012. "So I didn't really care. When you go as deep into the belly of the beast as I went, there's a whole other world going on and something like show business becomes the dumbest thing on planet Earth."

But Lyonne, now 40, made her comeback in a major way, playing a locked-up drug dealer in Netflix's hit Orange Is the New Black, joking to Out, "What was great was how little research I had to do for the role!" she cracked. "Who'd have thought...
(Excerpt) Read more at: E! Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
2KXVI