Patrick J. Adams Reveals How ‘Suits’ Will Address Meghan Markle’s Character In Final Season

ET Canada | 7/8/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://shawetcanada.files.wordpress.com/2019/06/suits.png?w=720&h=480&crop=1

A lot has changed for the cast of “Suits” since it first premiered in 2011.

Ahead of its ninth and final season, ET travelled to Toronto, Canada, to exclusively visit the set of the popular USA Network series, where Patrick J. Adams put it quite perfectly: “We’re all grown-ups [now].”

Adams - Mike - Ross - Upcoming - Season

Adams will return as Mike Ross during episode five of the upcoming season, after leaving the legal drama in 2018 with Meghan Markle, who portrayed his onscreen love interest, Rachel Zane. Although Meghan won’t physically be back onscreen with the beloved cast, Adams says the show will still address her character.

“For Mike, this is just a trip to New York,” he teased of the highly anticipated return. “He’s in Seattle, [Mike and Rachel] are building their life together, it sounds like he’s doing well.”

Mike - Place - Seattle - Way - Mike

“It seems to me like Mike’s in a great place. Whatever is happening in Seattle is really good,” he continued, adding that this is just a way for Mike to “come and see his friends” one last time. “There are phone calls with Rachel saying, ‘Goodbye, I love you,’ and, you know, I think there’s some obvious acknowledgment that she’s still there and a part of the show.”

Adams also promised fans that everything is still “good” between Mike and Rachel, telling ET, “We’re happy. I promise you they’re happy.”

Departure - Suits - Markle - Adams - Family

Since their official departure from “Suits”, Markle and Adams have been prioritizing family life. The 37-year-old royal married Prince Harry and welcomed their first child together, baby boy Archie, in May, while Adams welcomed his own first child, a daughter, with wife Troian Bellisario last October.

“Yeah, it’s weird. We all have kids now,” Adams, also 37, shared. “It’s fantastic. I mean, it just changes everything in your life. It gives you a new purpose.”

Markle

Interestingly enough, Markle...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ET Canada
Wake Up To Breaking News!