Rapper Stands Up To AfroFuture’s Racism

Sparta Report | 7/8/2019 | Radius
iceyy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.spartareport.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/AfroFuture-FEST-Racism.jpg

AfroFuture FEST is a youth music festival taking place next month in Detroit. The organizers of AfroFuture FEST have billed it as:

MMERSIVE, INTIMATE, AND INTENTIONAL SPACE KEEPING FOR AFRO-BLACK FUTURIST. A 360 TRANSFORMATIVE DREAMSCAPE CENTERING DETROIT’S BLACK MAGIC PERFORMERS AND ARTISANS WITH COMMUNITY. ESSENCE FEST MEETS AFRO PUNK; INTERSECTING NARRATIVES CO CREATING THE FUTURE NECESSARY FOR BLACK THRIVING. ENERGY SOURCING FROM THE WAKANDA THAT IS DETROIT. OUR DESTINATION IS REIMAGINATION. ALIGNED MAKERS, AND SHAKERS IN COLLECTIVE LIBERATION. NOW SEVEN GENERATIONS PAST THE TRANSATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE BLACK SPIRITS ARE IN SYNERGETIC HEALING. THE DONATION BASED LANDSCAPE OF FEEDOM FREEDOM IS A HOME TO BLACK DETROIT; ANCHORING THE ACCESSIBILITY NEEDED FOR ITS COMMUNITY.

Idea - Majority - Word - Salad

I have absolutely no idea what the majority of that progressive word salad means.

Suffice to say, AfroFuture FEST is apparently intended to be a space for black performers and artists to make their voices heard. A laudable goal under normal circumstances to be sure.

AfroFuture - FEST - Racism - Inherent - Today

Unfortunately, AfroFuture FEST has decided to protest the racism (allegedly) inherent in today’s society by…engaging in that exact same racism. The festival’s organizers recently announced that they would have two ticket pricing structures.

According to the festival’s website, people of color will pay only $10 to enter the festival. White people will need to pay $20 for the privilege of having people lecture them about their “white privilege.”

Pricing - Structure - Racism - Form

This discriminatory pricing structure is racism in its purest form.

There’s at least one AfroFuture FEST performer that thinks so as well. Rapper Tiny Jag, real name is Jillian Graham, has dropped out of AfroFuture FEST after learning of their racist pricing structure.

Graham - Detroit - Metro - Times

“I was immediately enraged just because I am biracial,” Graham told the Detroit Metro Times. “I have...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Sparta Report
Wake Up To Breaking News!