Fears grow a postman will be KILLED in dog attack as union reveals eight dog bites recorded each day

Mail Online | 7/7/2019 | Jack Newman For Mailonline
ridge-khridge-kh (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/08/01/15752982-0-image-a-83_1562544877379.jpg

Some of the almost 2,500 dog attacks on postal workers in the UK last year 'could easily have ended in fatalities', a union official has warned.

Some incidents ended in serious and permanent injury, with one postwoman describing blood seeping through her trousers after she was bitten on the leg while doing her rounds.

Warning - Royal - Mail - Dog - Owners

The warning comes as the Royal Mail urges dog owners to control their pets as new figures show an increase in attacks on staff.

Some 2,484 separate incidents were reported in 2018-19 - a nine per cent year-on-year rise - equating to nearly 50 attacks per week.

Tina - O'Toole - Postwoman - Years - Warrington

Tina O'Toole, a postwoman of three years from Warrington, needed hospital treatment, a skin flap graft, and physiotherapy after she was bitten.

She said: 'Once I had delivered the mail I turned to leave the premises when I heard the dog barking and running up behind me.

Gate - Pain

'As I was attempting to get through the gate I felt pain to my...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Millions in tribute, but not a penny left for charity.