What I Learned Passing a Kidney Stone—Old School Style!

Old School™ | 7/5/2019 | Patrick
brunodeuce44 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i0.wp.com/oldschoolus.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/fullsizeoutput_781.jpeg?fit=620,413&ssl=1

Passing a kidney stone is a learning experience? EVERYTHING is a learning experience!

This is the third time for me—label me a slow learner.

Vitamin - C - Product - Years

The first one I attribute to using a Vitamin C product in excess many years ago.

The second one, frankly, I don’t remember the cause.

One - Amount - Pain - Case - Rocks

And now this one. You’d think with the amount of pain these tiny (in my case) rocks cause, I’d be done. Hopefully I will be now!

I’m going to tell you MY experience here, and MY choice. If you have a kidney stone, how you deal with it is YOUR choice.

Likelihood - Surgery - Kidney - Stone - Range

I will tell you that, according to what I’ve read, the likelihood of needing surgery to remove a kidney stone is fairly small. I’ve seen a range of from about five to twenty percent.

The first time, the excruciating pain drove me to the emergency room. While waiting to see a doctor, I passed the stone (“peed” it out, to be direct). Having no medical insurance, I was still charged over $2,000! I bargained the bill down to something over $500. The promise of immediate cash has always been a good negotiating tool.

Occurrences - Lesson - Care - Stones - Style

These last two occurrences, I “learned my lesson,” and decided to take care of these stones myself “old-school style.” Both times I’ve used a 1:1 mixture of lemon (to help dissolve the stone) and olive oil (to smooth its passage out of the body). I used two ounces of each, in my case just one time, since I couldn’t stomach taking any additional doses. Some sources, like this article, recommend three, but the suggested dosage is meaningless if you can’t hold the dose down!

This last time, I also drank some cranberry juice, mixed with sweeter juice for taste. The cranberry acts as a kidney cleanser.

Hours

What I did worked. Not right away, it took several hours...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Old School™
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The American Government, working tireless for everyone, except Americans.
Tagged: