Boris promises to hit Jeremy Corbyn 'out of the park'

Mail Online | 7/4/2019 | David Wilcock, Whitehall Correspondent;Jack Maidment, Deputy Political Editor For Mailonline
cobra662 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/04/20/15645906-0-image-a-79_1562270156915.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/07/01/7098434963733302773/1024x576_MP4_7098434963733302773.mp4

Boris Johnson has vowed to hit Jeremy Corbyn 'out of the park' at the next general election as he said the Tories must prepare for a snap poll.

The former foreign secretary said that while he did not want to go to the country early, the Conservative Party had to 'get ready' to defend its grip on power.

£39billion - Brexit - Divorce - Bill - Spending

He also said he would use the £39billion Brexit divorce bill to fund his spending promises if Britain leaves the EU without a deal in comments likely to spark a furious backlash in Brussels.

Speaking in York at the latest Tory leadership hustings, he said: 'We have to get ready to defeat him and I don't want an early election, let me be clear, do you want a guy who not only backs Hamas and Hezbollah and all the rest of it but who would put up inheritance tax, pension tax, financial transaction tax, income tax to 50p in the pound?

'He - Catastrophe - Country - Reins - Power

'He would be a catastrophe for our country. He cannot be allowed to take the reins of power in this country.

'We need to make sure that we keep him out and to do that we have to deliver Brexit, a sensible Brexit, on time on October 31.

'We - Party - Country - Park

'We need to unite and remobilise our party and our country and we need to get ready to hit him out of the park.'

Mr Johnson also moved to dismiss suggestions that he would put delivering Brexit ahead of preserving the United Kingdom as he said: 'The Union comes first.'

Jeremy - Hunt - Mr - Johnson - 'populist

Meanwhile, Jeremy Hunt labelled Mr Johnson a 'populist' as he too vowed to tackle the electoral threat posed by Mr Corbyn.

He told Tory activists: 'Faced with a hard-left populist we could choose our own populist or we could do better, we could choose our own Jeremy.'

He was...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!