Now Scream This: Stream These Great Horror Marathons For Your Holiday Weekend

/Film | 7/4/2019 | /Film Staff
normanorma (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/deathgasm-devils-candy-lords-of-chaos.jpg

Matt: This week on “Now Scream This,” Chris and I put on our “Film Programmer” hats. Weekly themes typically coincide with popular movies released in tandem with posting dates, but we’re trying something different. I posed to Chris, what if we curate five-film streaming marathons? Piece together mini-festival by whatever parameters we set? Chris obliged, titles were selected, and here we are. Allow us to be your masters of ceremonies should you want to spend an entire day/weekend indoors? Let us know whatever themed foods and drinks you come up with to serve during our provided programming.

Chris: I wanted to change things up a bit with my selections this week. The result: horror documentaries. Docs that focus on both scary subjects, and horror films in general. Shudder is a great one-stop shop for this sort of thing – they’re loaded-up with horror docs. But there’s an entire world of documentaries out there focusing on things that go bump in the night. Why not check some of them out?

Matt - Heavy - Metal - Horror - Setlist

Matt: Kicking off my “Heavy Metal Horror” setlist is 2018’s Lords Of Chaos. Jonas Åkerlund recounts the birth of Norwegian Black Metal through Mayhem guitarist “Euronymous.” Rory Culkin stars as the big-dreaming scene rocker, narrating at the onset it’s “his story” and it will all “end badly.” That it does for a large group of people, from Jack Kilmer’s vocalist “Dead” to Emory Cohen as barbarian Varg. Euronymous’ story is one of betrayal, posers, and crunchy guitar riffs, coming together like Super Dark Times for black metal fans. Purists still rage over the legitimacy and representation of Mayhem on screen, but as someone watching from an outside standpoint, Lords Of Chaos remains one of 2018’s most engaging portrayals of tragedy.

Chris says: Hey kids, do you like violence? If so, this is the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Homeschool or State Thought Police School, you choose.