The Greatest Monsters on TV – IndieWire Critics Survey

IndieWire | 7/4/2019 | Staff
lhumara (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/31.jpg

This week’s question: What is your favorite monster/creature of all time on TV?

A tie for me, between “The Terror” (Season 1 on AMC) the Tuunbaq, which was a larger, toothier, freakishly lankier version of a polar bear crossed with a space alien sporting enormous claws and teeth. We met this monster in last summer’s breakout series, this lightning-fast terror within “The Terror” that was stalking, hunting and brutally killing the crew of the HMS Erebus and HMS Terror. It was a classic “and then there were none” scenario. The spiritual beast sported sci-fi elements and human-like hands and parts of its face adding to the creepy effect. Infamy, the next installment of “The Terror” for AMC this summer, cannot get here soon enough..

Tie - Showtime - Period - Horror - Penny

The tie is with Showtime’s evocative period horror yarn “Penny Dreadful” – specifically “The Monster” played by Rory Kinnear who portrayed his forlorn outcast blessed with superhuman strength coupled with a fierce intelligence and subtly menacing air. This besotted monster was obsessively jonesing for a mate as promised by Dr. Frankenstein (Harry Treadaway) – and the object of his desire? The lovely undead Lily (Billie Piper). Fans of Kinnear can find him cast in the returning spin-off series “Penny Dreadful: City of Angels,” but as a German pediatrician named Dr. Peter Craft. Will he be a monster too? Remains to be seen, but the timeframe of the 1930s and anything “German” points that way.

Beebo, “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow”

Beebo - Monster/creature - Beebo - God - Are

Is Beebo a monster/creature? Or is Beebo a God? Are Gods monsters/creatures? This is probably a question requiring a depth of introspection that I’m not prepared to delve into in this space. Therefore, my answer is Logan Echols from “Veronica Mars.”

Since I’m 100 years old, I’m going to reference a TV monster few others have probably seen: the Bigfoot from Lee...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!