Arizona Governor Ducey Stands Up to Nike and Kaepernick

The Rush Limbaugh Show | 7/2/2019 | George Prayias
Matty123 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/APP-070219-Nike-Flag-Shoes-Colin-Kaepernick.jpg

RUSH: Doug Ducey, the governor of Arizona. And this is about Kaepernick. And, folks, remember now, Kaepernick said that he was protesting and kneeling because of cops shooting minorities. And we all said, (impression) “No, he’s not, this is not about the cops. He’s kneeling because he doesn’t like the anthem, he’s kneeling because he didn’t like the flag.” So now Nike comes out with a new shoe honoring Betsy Ross, the designer of the first flag. He says, (impression) “**** this. I’m not wearing that shoe. I don’t get anybody…” Nike canceled the shoe, after having a whole bunch of them made and in inventory. So here’s Colin Kaepernick, well-known leftist, trashing and tarnishing one of the early famous women in American history, Betsy Ross, and Nike going along with it.

So Doug Ducey, Republican governor, Arizona, tweeted, (paraphrasing) “Today was supposed to be a good day in Arizona with the announcement of a major Nike investment in Goodyear, Arizona. And then this news broke yesterday afternoon. Words cannot express my disappointment of this terrible decision. I am embarrassed for Nike,” said Governor Ducey. “Nike is an iconic American brand and American company. This country, our system of government, and free enterprise has allowed them to prosper and flourish. And so has cheap minority slave labor in Asia. Instead of celebrating American history this week of our nation’s independence, Nike has apparently decided that Betsy Ross is unworthy and has bowed to the current onslaught of political correctness and historical revisionism from a failed NFL quarterback.” I added those words, not Governor Ducey.

Retreat - Nike - Businesses - Proud - Country

(paraphrasing) “It is a shameful retreat for Nike. American businesses should be proud of our country’s history, not abandoning it. Nike’s made its decision....
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Rush Limbaugh Show
Wake Up To Breaking News!