‘Virginity Is a Social Construct’: Miley Cyrus’ Video Trashes Female Sexuality

NewsBusters | 7/2/2019 | Staff
Mijac (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/smiley_6.jpg

Pop sweetheart Miley Cyrus’ new video for her song “Mother’s Daughter” is intended to be a new age anthem of female expression and freedom. Is it any wonder that it comes off as completely unnerving and a little hellish?

Ms. Cyrus’ ode to feminism and inclusivity is a bad acid trip of strange sexuality, including blood red latex, teeth-lined female codpieces, wheelchair bound trans women, aggressive gyrating, and quotes such as “Virginity is a social construct.”

Music - Video - July - Cyrus - Latex

The music video premiered July 2, and features an angry and abortion-obsessed Cyrus, wearing red latex and grinding on the floor with her tongue out (no surprise there). What is surprising is that Cyrus thinks that all the BDSM imagery and body mods which follow are convincing anyone that she’s in control and that this is what women want, as her lyrics insist.

The chorus line about sums it up: “So-so, so don't **** with my freedom, I came back to get me some. I'm nasty, I'm evil. Must be something in the water or that I'm my mother's daughter.”

Thesis - F - Viewers - Love - Brand

Granted, it’s no thesis, but rather an “F you” to viewers who aren’t completely in love with this trendy brand of anarcho-feminism. The sexuality is unrestrained throughout the rest of the video. Quotes flash across the screen such as “Every woman is a riot,” and the patriarchy-bashing “Virginity is a social construct.”

It’s worth noting also that the line “Don’t ****...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!