LA police open probe into why woman who turned herself in after Nipsey Hussle's killing was ignored

Mail Online | 7/2/2019 | Dailymail.com Reporter;Associated Press;Danyal Hussain
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/02/07/15366634-0-image-a-3_1562047697196.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/04/05/4897993264573336143/1024x576_MP4_4897993264573336143.mp4

Los Angeles police have opened a probe into why the woman who drove the getaway car in the aftermath of rapper Nipsey Hussle's killing was sent home when she tried to turn herself in during the manhunt for the shooter.

The LAPD told the Associated Press Monday that the Internal Affairs Group is investigating a desk officer’s response at the 77th Street station, which was to tell the woman not to worry.

Hussle - Name - Ermias - Asghedom - March

Hussle, 33, real name Ermias Asghedom, was fatally shot on March 31 in South Los Angeles outside his Marathon Clothing store.

Grand jury testimony shows the woman who drove the suspect, Eric R. Holder, away from the shooting went to the station because she saw her car and license plate on the news.

God - Woman - Mother

'Oh my God,' the unnamed woman testified that she told her mother.

'My car is on here and everything, and I didn’t do anything. I didn’t know this boy was gonna do this.'

Mother - Police - Officers - Day - Jury

Her mother called the police but was told officers wouldn’t be available until 6am the next day, grand jury transcripts, made public on June 27, show.

When the woman arrived at the station the next morning, the front desk officer reportedly said 'don’t worry about it' and 'don’t listen to the news'.

Station - Detectives - Mother - Police

She left the station, returning later to speak to detectives after her mother called police again.

'That is true according to the desk officer that I spoke to about it,' LAPD Detective Cedric Washington said regarding the allegation that the woman had been turned away.

Briefing - Chief - Press - Conference - Day

'He apparently missed a briefing in the chief’s press conference that day, I guess,' Deputy District Attorney John McKinney said.

Josh Rubenstein, an LAPD spokesman, told AP on Monday in an email that the internal investigation began a few days ago.

Indications - Miscommunication

'While the initial indications pointed to a miscommunication, we have initiated...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!