British girl, four, throws message in a bottle into sea in Spain and gets reply from Moscow couple

Mail Online | 7/1/2019 | Milly Vincent For Mailonline
jenny124124 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/01/14/15482762-0-image-a-7_1561988428633.jpg

A four-year-old British girl who threw a message in a bottle into the sea in Spain was stunned to receive a reply - from a couple in Moscow.

Taylor Powell tossed the bottle into the water on the third day of her holiday in Santa Susanna near Barcelona.

Picture - Herself - Note - Picture - Respond

She included a picture of herself and a note which read: 'If you find this picture, please respond with a name of your country and a picture.'

And she was amazed when her dad Ritchie, 31, received a text from a couple named Sasha and Alex who said they found it in Moscow's Moskva River.

Photograph - Taylor - Note - Google - Maps

They sent a photograph of Taylor's note along with a Google Maps image showing their location and a note signed 'From Russia with love'.

Experts reckon the only way it could have made the journey by sea was to travel at least 5,000 miles across the Bay of Biscay, around the Shetland Islands and across the North Sea.

Ritchie - 'When - Taylor - Someone - Message

Ritchie said: 'When I told Taylor someone had replied to the message, her face completely lit up. She was so happy.

'I asked them to send proof and received a pin of their location to my phone. We were absolutely ecstatic.

Taylor - Bottle - Mermaids - Sharks - Moscow

'We told Taylor her the bottle will pass by mermaids and sharks - for it to turn up in Moscow is magical for her. She's so excited.'

Ritchie and Taylor, from Weston-super-Mare, Somerset, were on a four-day holiday to Santa Susanna, 37 miles from Barcelona on Spain's north east coast.

Ritchie - Girlfriend - Milly - Templeton-Browne - Taylor

They were joined by Ritchie's girlfriend Milly Templeton-Browne, 22, who helped Taylor pen the letter, which included her father's mobile number and read:

'Hello my name is Taylor Powell, I am four years old and on holiday in Spain with my daddy.

Picture - Respond - Name - Country - Picture

'If you find this picture, please respond with a name of your country and a picture.

'Love Taylor...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!