Prince William stuns well-wishers by greeting them outside Kensington Palace on Di's birthday 

Mail Online | 7/1/2019 | Rebecca English Royal Correspondent For The Daily Mail
TwiztedGurl (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/01/23/15505358-0-image-a-19_1562019447115.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/07/01/7690885995519915543/1024x576_MP4_7690885995519915543.mp4

Well-wishers became tearful last night as the Duke of Cambridge thanked them for marking his mother's birthday.

The fans had been holding a vigil outside Kensington Palace since 5.30am to remember what would have been Diana, Princess of Wales' 58th birthday.

Son - Walk - Fanfare - Palace - Kensington

At around 6.45pm they were astounded to see her eldest son walk quietly and without fanfare through the palace gates into Kensington Gardens with a small security detail.

William walked up to the six of them, who were surrounded by pictures of his late mother along with bunting and flowers, and shook each by the hand.

Mr - Loughrey - Prince - Badges - Diana

Mr Loughrey said the prince also admired the badges of Diana on his hat and said he thought it was 'wonderful' that they were celebrating his mother's life and legacy.

'He said 'I'm touched by what you do, you've got quite the collection."I told him that I pray for his mother every Sunday at Westminster Abbey and he seemed really touched.

Shook - Hand - Times - Shake - Feeling

'He shook my hand three times, he has a really firm shake, and I felt a beautiful feeling go through my body. I think I'm still shaking now. I feel very emotional.'

Mr Loughrey asked when the much-talked about statue to his late mother would finally be effected in her memory outside the palace.

William - Gardens - 'Soon

William pointed to the gardens, where he revealed it would be situated, and said: 'Soon, very soon. We just want to make sure it is right. It's important to get it right.'

Asked why he held a vigil on the princess's birthday and the anniversary of her death Mr Loughrey added: 'She was born with two hearts, one for her and one for us. People must never forget that.

'I - William - Beeline

'I have never spoken to William before, only seen him, but he made a beeline for me and he knew who I was. I am so touched. He...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
An enemy of death and destruction