Karlie Kloss admits she quit being Victoria's Secret Angel because of the company's message

Mail Online | 7/1/2019 | Danielle Zoellner For Dailymail.com
crazycool12crazycool12 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/01/20/15498690-0-image-a-41_1562008140813.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/1418450360/2014/11/1418450360_3886875114001_Karlie.mp4

Karlie Kloss has admitted she decided to quit her job as a Victoria's Secret Angel because she thought the brand's message wasn't one to spread for 'young women around the world'.

The 26-year-old model joined Victoria's Secret as an Angel in 2013 after first starting with the company in 2011, and she kept her Angel-status until 2015 by walking in multiple runway shows and modeling for ads.

Karlie - Hiatus - Brand - Theory - New

But Karlie then took a two-year hiatus from the brand to study feminist theory at New York University's Gallatin School. This inspired the model to do some soul-searching regarding her job and ultimately quit her ties with the lingerie brand.

'The reason I decided to stop working with Victoria's Secret was I didn't feel it was an image that was truly reflective of who I am and the kind of message I want to send to young women around the world about what it means to be beautiful,' Karlie told British Vogue.

Karlie - Runway - Time - Brand - Reign

Karlie ended up returning to the runway one more time in 2017 for the brand before officially quitting her reign as an Angel — a difficult decision given it was one of the model's most lucrative jobs.

But Karlie explained to the publication how the decision was actually a 'pivotal moment' for her in deciding what she wanted to represent professionally.

Moment - Power - Feminist - Choices - Companies

'I think that was a pivotal moment in me stepping into my power as a feminist, being able to make my own choices and my own narrative, whether through the companies I choose to work with, or through the image I put out to the world,' she said.

This comes after Karlie defended the brand one year ago at the height of the #MeToo movement. At the time, she claimed the brand and its runway shows stood for something powerful regarding female sexuality.

'A

'A...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
You've go to put up with Free Speech to have Free Speech!