Teachers walkout over knife fears at out-of-control school where pupils 'act like gangsters'

Mail Online | 6/27/2019 | Bridie Pearson-jones For Mailonline
dorkyrocker (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/27/18/15341716-0-image-a-4_1561657450360.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/06/28/2554651599596926730/1024x576_MP4_2554651599596926730.mp4

Shocking footage showing a 'Thursday fight' at an unruly Birmingham school where pupils 'act like gangsters' has been revealed as teachers staged a walk-out over fears for their own safety.

A worried parent found the video on his son's phone after hearing of the strike action involving staff at Starbank School in the Small Heath area of the city.

Yesterday - Teachers - Flagship - Union - Members

Yesterday, teachers walked out of a flagship secondary as union members demanded 'knife audit' at the 'Outstanding-rated' school.

Allegations made after the strike was called included those of weekly organised fight - and footage from a student's phone shows the 'two hardest pupils' at the school battle it out to see who can be crowned as the hardest.

Parent - Video - Son - Phone - Press

The parent who found the video, who chose to remain anonymous, said he decided to check his son's phone after reading press coverage about the fight.

'I was appalled by what I found' he said.

'I - Son - Fights - Pupils - Others

'I asked my son about it and he said there were regular fights, and that some of the pupils encouraged others to fight.

'He said the video on his phone was between the "two hardest students at Starbank".

'He told me they fought to see who was the hardest.

In the second video, filmed in a school corridor, you can see a student encouraging the 'Thursday fights'.

Son - Teachers - Father

'My son said the teachers just stand and watch' the father continued.

'I went into school myself in November and I witnessed some children having a fight. Then, the teachers were stood watching.

'I - Involved

'I thought they were frightened it might escalate if they became involved.'

Footage shows two young pupils swiping at each others faces on a school field, as students watch on Another clip shows teenagers descend into a mass brawl in the corridor.

Clip - Parents - Call - Metal - Detectors

The clip comes as parents are call for metal detectors to be...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A man rises to the greatness that is expected of him.