CNN's Van Jones: Beto O'Rourke 'Got His Butt Kicked, Hard...I Think He's Done'

NewsBusters | 6/27/2019 | Staff
just-me (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/dnc_debate_post_analysis_-_12_10_08_am.jpg

It appears that the first Democrat presidential candidate debate was brutal for Beto O'Rourke according to CNN's Van Jones. He was joined in this harsh assessment of O'Rourke by CNN's senior political commentator David Axelrod as well as former Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe who were less than impressed by the way O'Rourke handled being challenged by Julian Castro.

Their analysis of what McAuliffe described as Beto being "sliced and diced" took place on Wednesday's Anderson Cooper 360 following the debate:

Beto - Hurrah - Hope - Expectation - Tonight

Unfortunately, I think that that may have been Beto’s last hurrah. I think he’s done. Because there was such hope and expectation about him, and tonight was really the night to remind people why he was this incredible rising star, and on the issue he should have been at least fluent on, he got his butt kicked, hard. Hard! Hard!

McAuliffe joined Jones in seemingly pronouncing O'Rourke's candidacy DOA:

Democrat - Someone - Donald - Trump - Castro

Every Democrat is looking for someone who can beat Donald Trump and Castro went at him, sliced and diced him up and people are thinking to themselves, think of Donald Trump on...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!