CNN Was Kind of Glad Democratic Candidates Didn’t Mention Trump Much

NewsBusters | 6/27/2019 | Staff
Emzah92 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/2019-06-27-cnn-post-debate-candidates-not-mentioning-trump-1.png

While MSNBC was raging about the 2020 Democratic candidates not bashing President Trump enough during Wednesday’s debate, the liberal panel on CNN seemed okay with it.

“We saw a range of views on stage tonight in Miami at the Democratic debate, except on the subject of President Trump. On that, the candidates were of one voice and they didn't miss a chance to make to clear who their real opponent is,” host Anderson Cooper stated after coming back from a commercial break.

Governor - McAuliffe - Scarcity - Trump - Mentions

Adding: “And though, Governor McAuliffe spoke to the relative scarcity of Trump mentions, there were still more than a few.”

After playing series of 10 soundbites of Democratic candidates invoking President Trump in some negative way, Cooper noticed that “you didn't hear Senator Warren saying, Donald Trump. I don't know if she actually did at some point and we just didn't put it in there”.

Soundbite - Washington - State - Governor - Jay

Seeming to reference the soundbite of Washington State Governor Jay Inslee declaring Trump “the biggest threat to the security of the United States”, former Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe and former Obama adviser David Axelrod laughed about it being one of the best parts of the night:

TERRY MCAULIFFE: First of all, you've got to give Jay Inslee credit, he did have a line of the night.

DAVID - AXELROD - Line

DAVID AXELROD: That was a great line.

MCAULIFFE: Best line of the night.

Castro - End - Debate - Adios - Donald

“I think Castro at the end of the debate, didn't he say adios to Donald Trump? I thought that was a pretty good line,” chief political analyst Gloria Borger beamed.

Liberal commentator and former Hillary Clinton campaign staffer Jess McIntosh noted that the Democrat electorate already believed that Trump was the worst person ever, so they didn’t need the candidates to reiterate that:

Contrast - Trump - Trump - Administration - Man

It was more of an implicit contrast with Trump and the Trump administration than going after the man directly. Cause I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: