CNN Panel: 'Professor' Warren Lorded Over 'Grad Students', the 'Pacesetter'

NewsBusters | 6/27/2019 | Staff
aniki (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/2019-06-27-cnn-post-debate-warren-the-winner-1.png

And the winner of the first half of the first Democratic Party primary debates was… According to most of CNN’s post-debate analysts and commentators, Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren.

Shortly after sharing a highlight reel from the NBC News debate, the CNN analysts began to coalesce around Warren’s performance.

Proud - Democrat - Commentator - Van - Jones

“I was super proud to be a Democrat,” proclaimed liberal commentator Van Jones. He thought all the candidates were better than Trump but thought “Elizabeth Warren looked like a college professor with a bunch of graduate students around her half the time. She is able to go back and forth between policy and the human thing better than anybody.”

Fellow liberal commentator Jess McIntosh declared the Senator was “obviously the front-runner” and “felt bad that she had to go with this group because I wanted to see her next to Bernie and Biden and Kamala and the other people who get mentioned in the top tier. But she dominated this debate, especially the first half.”

CNN - Director - David - Chalian - Warren

CNN political director David Chalian argued that Warren was the “pacesetter” because many of the questions dealt with her policies:

I think that is pretty important. Also, Anderson, Elizabeth Warren, I agree, especially in the first half of the debate, but what is also so interesting to me and I think really important going forward, it wasn't just her performance that was dominating that first half of the debate. It was the fact that she was the frame for every question.

Question - Policy - Ideas - College - Candidates

Whether she was being asked the question or not, it was her policy ideas of free college that was being asked about to other candidates. It was her economic vision that launched the debate. So, she was sort of the pacesetter for the entire field tonight. At least for the first quarter of the debate, first half of the debate.

A few minutes...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Measuring his life out one teaspoon at a time.