PBS's Yamiche Alcindor Fears Biden Sounds Like a MAGA Trump Backer

NewsBusters | 6/26/2019 | Staff
erinmmarion (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/morning_joe_-_06_26_yamiche_-_06_00_05_am.jpg

It is officially election season and the time for cordiality in the Democratic Primary will soon come to an end. With the first debate set to go down Wednesday night, the candidates will quickly be chasing the Democratic nomination like a pack of hungry wolverines in pursuit of the opportunity to run against President Trump.

PBS NewsHour White House correspondent Yamiche Alcindor wasted no time throwing the political mud. On a Wednesday segment of Morning Joe, she went after former Vice President and current Democratic frontrunner Joe Biden for having the audacity to say that he spent his career working with people he disagreed with, including segregationist Senators.

Question - Host - Joe - Scarborough - Alcindor

Responding to a question from host Joe Scarborough, Alcindor unleashed the worst insult a Democrat can get from a fellow Democrat: that he sounded no different than President Trump:

ALCINDOR: I think as much as Steve said he's not focused on whether or not these issues are going to be retroactively looked at. I think, as a reporter, I'm very much interested in that. I’m very much interested in whether or not other candidates are going to try to hold Joe Biden accountable because I heard from a lot of African-American -- young African-Americans, including people who are Ferguson protesters and other people, who were just very taken aback by the idea that Joe Biden would want to talk about a civil time of working with segregationists.

Elephant - Room - People - Making - America

Because the elephant in the room is that people were worried that he was talking about “Making America Great Again,” this idea that if you look back at America's history, you'll find some amazing time where everyone was getting along. Where with African-Americans, it's when you go forward in American history, you actually start seeing progress for the vast majority of the people that make up the grassroots of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into"--Jonathan Swift