The tricks that can help every woman be a winner

Mail Online | 6/26/2019 | Claire Dale For The Daily Mail
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/26/21/15298352-0-image-a-7_1561582129760.jpg

Sylvia was in a very senior position in a financial services company when I first coached her. In her 30s and married with two young sons, she was stressed, tired and had lost her confidence.

She was considering scaling back her job and there was no question of going for a promotion. Her anxiety levels were through the roof, and her mind in turmoil. Physically, this manifested itself in erratic, panicky breathing and a racing heart. Her energy levels were rock bottom.

Pieces - Sylvia - Things - People - Mum

In short, she was in pieces. Like so many of us, Sylvia was trying to be all things to all people: perfect mum at home and perfect boss at work. And while there was no question Sylvia was intelligent and skilled enough to do her job, her high stress levels were telling her body the opposite.

We don’t like to use the phrase ‘burn-out’, which is medically serious and where you can’t even get out of bed, but Sylvia was certainly severely overwhelmed and was en route to some kind of crash.

Body - Coach - Founder - Companies - Motion

As a body coach and founder of Companies In Motion, my colleagues and I work with many women like Sylvia, who are out of tune with their brains and bodies, risking collapse through stress and overwork. Yet we’ve been able to help them get a grip on their lives, by guiding them in the art of Physical Intelligence — the active management of our physiology.

Physical intelligence? What on earth is that you might ask? We all know about emotional intelligence and IQ, but this is about understanding how our bodies and brain interact — and, using this knowledge, to enhance performance and lower stress levels.

Athletes - Artists - Performance - Techniques - Women

It’s a skill top athletes and some artists use to enhance performance, but we’ve been researching the techniques so that women (and men) can harness...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Individuals can exist without government but government can't exist without individuals.
Tagged: