The Time Jesus Crashed An Economy To Heal An Outcast

Mercy Not Sacrifice | 6/26/2019 | Staff
kshama-s (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/447/2019/06/demons-cast-into-pigs-contradiction.jpg

The gospel reading for this past Sunday was the story of the Gerasene demoniac in Mark 5 and Luke 8. For anyone unfamiliar, it’s about a man in the region of the Gerasenes who is possessed by a legion of demons that make it so he has to live naked among the tombs ostracized by his surrounding community. When Jesus meets him, he agrees to cast the demons out. The demons beg to be cast into a herd of pigs, so Jesus lets them go into the herd. The pigs stampede down a cliff into a lake and are drowned. The townspeople come and tell Jesus he needs to leave town. The man is back in his right mind, so he goes around telling everybody about what Jesus did for him.

Those of you who have followed the blog for a while may recall that I used this passage to make a prophecy about the evangelical church in 2012. I prophesied that the white evangelical church would receive an awakening and exorcism just like the demon-possessed man as its legion of demons are cast into a herd of pigs (Fred Phelps, Steven “Him that Pisseth” Anderson, Dinesh D’Souza, Matt Walsh, etc) who are furiously racing to throw themselves into the lake of fire. I had no idea in 2012 that four years later, the white evangelicals would throw themselves at the biggest demon pig of all and make him our president.

Prophecy - Years - Evangelicals - Sunday - Parents

I do think this prophecy is being fulfilled. In the last seven years, I’ve met so many awakened evangelicals. But this past Sunday, I was sitting in my parents’ evangelical Sunday school so I had to go with a different reading of the passage in order to avoid creating scandal. It’s always awkward to talk about the Bible in evangelical Sunday...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mercy Not Sacrifice
Wake Up To Breaking News!