Kirstie Allsopp reveals Twitter abuse over smashing her sons' iPads caused her to QUIT social media

Mail Online | 6/26/2019 | Eve Buckland For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/26/08/15267176-0-image-a-35_1561534656901.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/09/14/972002036952354079/1024x576_MP4_972002036952354079.mp4

Kirstie Allsopp has revealed Twitter abuse over her decision to smash her sons' iPads caused her to quit social media to protect her children.

The Location, Location, Location presenter, 47, shocked in September when she revealed she had broken her children's tablets against a 'table leg' after they failed to stick to her rules on screen time.

Kirstie - Mother - Oscar - Hercules - Bay

And Kirstie - mother to Oscar Hercules, 12, and Bay Atlas, 10 - admitted the slew of negative comments were too much for her to cope with in an interview with The Sun, leading her to close her Twitter account.

She said: 'I didn't want them to see that and that's why I shut down the account. I usually get zero abuse on Twitter — there are controversies and people give their opinion — but it was the first time I'd been abused.'

Lot - Gamers - Nuts

'A lot of the gamers went nuts.

'I think they felt that someone was trying to cut their willy off or something.'

Kirstie - Shares - Sons - Husband - Ben

Kirstie, who shares her sons with husband Ben Andersen, confessed back in September on The Jeremy Vine Show to smashing the iPads against a table leg as her children watched as punishment.

Her boys had failed to follow her rules about screen time, and Kirstie said that since dishing out the drastic discipline the brothers have spent more time outdoors playing.

Everyone - Approach - Move - 'waste - Twitter

However not everyone agreed with her approach to discipline, with many branding the move a 'waste' on Twitter, arguing that they could have been donated them to less well-off families, and that her sons would not learn to 'value their things'.

Speaking to Jeremy Vine on the panel, Kirstie said: 'This is the first time I've said this publicly. In June I smashed my kids' iPads, not in a violent way. I actually banged them on the table leg.'

She added: 'There is...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!