Jamal Khashoggi's fiancee 'haunted' by thoughts he is not dead

Mail Online | 6/25/2019 | Tim Stickings For Mailonline;Afp
ridge-khridge-kh (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/25/19/15242008-0-image-a-12_1561486730857.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/10/22/4989478549631355367/1024x576_MP4_4989478549631355367.mp4

Jamal Khashoggi's fiancee has said she is 'haunted' by thoughts that the murdered journalist might not be dead because his body has never been found.

Hatice Cengiz said she feared Khashoggi had been arrested as she stood waiting for him outside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul - but 'never considered the possibility of a murder'.

President - Donald - Trump - Response - Killing

She also slammed President Donald Trump for his half-hearted response to the killing, demanding that the U.S. back an full investigation into whether Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman was behind the killing.

A UN report found last week that Khashoggi - who was collecting paperwork for the couple's marriage when he died - was murdered by a Saudi hit squad with government backing.

Report - Evidence - Prince - Murder - Involvement

The report said there was 'credible evidence' that the prince was behind the murder, but he has denied any involvement.

Speaking today in Geneva, Turkish scholar Ms Cengiz said she had waited with growing concern for Khashoggi to emerge from the consulate on October 2 last year.

Beginning - Something - End - Picture

'At the beginning, I thought maybe something bad had happened to him, but I never thought the really far end of the picture,' she said.

'Maybe he was arrested inside, maybe they were interrogating him.I never considered the possibility of a murder.'

Clung - Months - Vain - Khashoggi - Body

She said she had clung for months to the vain hope that Khashoggi might be alive, as his body - apparently dismembered by the Saudi killers - has not been found.

But, she said, she had come to accept the truth: 'He was violently murdered and massacred.'

UN - Report - Rapporteur - Agnes - Callamard

The UN report by special rapporteur Agnes Callamard suggested that the journalist, a critic of the crown prince, was drugged with a sedative and suffocated with a plastic bag.

An audio recording of Khashoggi's final moments apparently reveals how his killers discussed cutting his body into...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Millions in tribute, but not a penny left for charity.