NORTH ZIMBABWE CONFERENCE PRESIDENT ALLEGEDLY EMBEZZLED CHURCH MONIES — AND MORE NEWS SHORTS

spectrummagazine.org | 6/25/2019 | Staff
Celtics2212 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://spectrummagazine.org/sites/default/files/zimbabwe.png

In this week’s news round-up, a conference president is under investigation for alleged embezzlement, an Andrews University professor pens first Christian business ethics book, Oakwood University is ranked in top 10 best Historically Black Colleges & Universities, a former Adventist teacher is accused of sexually assaulting three boys, and the baby boy cut from his Adventist mother’s womb has died.

North Zimbabwe Conference President Allegedly Embezzled Church Monies. The president of Seventh-day Adventist North Zimbabwe Conference is under investigation for allegedly swindling the church of funds amounting to more than $ 20,000. The church’s auditors are currently combing through the church’s books following indications that Pastor Albert Mangwende, who has held the office of North Zimbabwe Conference president for 18 months, misused the church funds. Pastor Mangwende confirmed that the audit is ongoing but denied the allegations. “Yes, I am under audit although I have not received any official communication to enlighten me on what I am being accused of and any other details of what is really happening.” He denied having swindled the church, stating that there is a paper trail to show the North Zimbabwe Conference’s transactions. Pastor Mangwende said there have always been calls for him to be audited. However, he feels the calls are being driven by invisible hands seeking to tarnish his image.

Allegations - Outcry - Church - Audit - Church

The allegations triggered an outcry within the church, hence the ongoing audit. The church’s executive secretary of Zimbabwe East Union, Pastor Zibusiso Ndlovu confirmed the development. A member of the church who spoke on condition of anonymity revealed that church politics has rocked the SDA church in recent times, although most of it has reportedly been swept under the carpet. “Most senior members plot against their rivals in influential positions to topple them and lay their hands on the church’s funds,” the source said....
(Excerpt) Read more at: spectrummagazine.org
Wake Up To Breaking News!