Paul Ryan Denounces the “Entertainment Wing” of the GOP

The Rush Limbaugh Show | 6/25/2019 | George Prayias
InLove4567 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/APP-062519-Paul-Ryan.jpg

RUSH: Paul Ryan was on the PBS NewsHour, formerly The Newshour with Jim Lehrer. It’s is now The NewsHour with Judy Woodruff. Judy Woodruff, former speaker Paul Ryan, said, “I want to ask you more about the Republican Party. When you were getting into politics, there was this really fierce debate going on in the Republican Party between being inclusive and not being inclusive.” Now, I met Paul Ryan when he was working at Empower America.

Do you all remember Empower America? Empower America was a miniature think tank that had been set up by Bill Bennett and Jack Kemp. And it was largely an economic enterprise, but it was roundabout the time that Bill Bennett’s Book of Virtues was out, so it had plenty of cultural aspects to it. But I don’t remember the theme of Empower America… You know, Steve Forbes was involved in it too.

RUSH - Ryan - Answer - Question - Politics

RUSH: Here’s Ryan’s answer to the question about, “When you got into politics, the Republican Party was debating inclusiveness versus not being collusive. Has the not-inclusive side won?”

RYAN: (snickers) Yeah, he knows what I’m talking about. So you have the entertainment wings which you can make a lot of money — a person can make a lot of money — on polarization. I don’t see hopeful, inclusive politics. I see people kind of angry running for office. And that, to me, is something that we’re gonna have to hopefully change.

RUSH - Time - Way - Never - Trumper

RUSH: Now, do we need to spend time parsing this, breaking this down? Well, there’s another way of characterizing this. The Never Trumper lament is what this really is. Now, we all know who he’s talking about here when he says “the entertainment wing.” He’s including conservative talk radio along with MSNBC on the left, and he’s claiming that all that does is polarize people...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Rush Limbaugh Show
Wake Up To Breaking News!